The Township does not always receive notice when Rumpke service is delayed, but passes along information whenever it is made available. For best results, contact Rumpke directly with service-related concerns by phone 1-800-828-8171 or email email@example.com.
- - - - -
Curbside recycling and trash hauling is provided through a Township contract with Rumpke Waste and Recycling. Each resident must establish an account with Rumpke and pay a quarterly bill ($16.93 per month) to receive service. A discount is available for seniors and special garage-side collection is available to those with physical limitations.
- SOLD OUT - Join our wait list by clicking below.
FINAL INVENTORY WILL BE ASSESSED AND DISTRIBUTED TO WAIT LISTED CUSTOMERS
New! 65-gallon blue recycling carts can be purchased at a subsidized rate of $10 (paid online via credit card: Visa , Mastercard, or Discover only) while supplies last. Program made possible by OhioEPA.
- Red 16-gallon recycling bins are provided at no additional charge and may be requested by contacting the Genoa Township Maintenance Department at 614-568-2080.
To return a red recycling tote, contact Rumpke customer service and ask for it to be picked up from the curbside. Genoa Township does not dispose or reuse old recycling totes.
- For households with higher volumes of waste, Rumpke rents 65- gallon recycling carts for an additional $2.19 per month and 95-gallon trash carts for $3.29 per month.
- Trash is collected in containers furnished by the resident or plastic bags.
Bulk waste will be collected by Rumpke, but requires 24 hours advance notice and proper preparation. Tips for disposal of hazardous waste can be found here and information on yard waste disposal can be found here.
Trash and recycling are collected between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. every Friday unless delayed to Saturday by a holiday.
Holidays impacting regular 2022 recycling and trash collection schedule:
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2022: Collection delayed until Saturday, June 4
- Independence Day, July 4, 2022: Collection delayed until Saturday, July 9
- Labor Day, September 5, 2022: Collection delayed until Saturday, September 10
- Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2022: Collection delayed until Saturday, November 26
Drop Box Recycling
A dumpster is available for recycling drop-off at the Maintenance Complex (7049 Big Walnut Road). Bins are typically emptied every Monday and Wednesday. This service is provided free to the public as a result of a grant from the Delaware, Knox, Marion, Morrow Solid Waste District (DKMM) and Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
One dumpster is for paper only. Newspaper, computer, notebook, construction, brown/white grocery bags, mail, etc. All paper goods should be placed in brown paper sacks in the dumpster (no plastic bags are allowed).
What to Recycle (at the curbside or in the drop box)-
Tubs now accepted! (Butter tubs, yogurt containers, fruit cups)
*Note: Rumpke accepts plastic recyclables that are bottle or jug shaped. All other containers such as fresh fruit “clam shell” containers or plastic take-out food boxes are not recyclable despite any marking or number listed on the container.
Feature Video: Where Genoa waste and recycling goes after leaving the curbside