UPDATED 4/2/2020 7:15 p.m.
ORIGINAL POSTING DATE 3/1/2020 10:49 a.m.
As an employer of first-responders, Genoa Township Trustees are taking extra care to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by limiting non-essential interactions and have therefore enacted the following changes to typical business practices:
- Follow Rumpke guidelines to protect waste haulers from coming into contact with the virus.
- Portable restrooms will be removed from parks.
- "Spring Cleaning" dumpsters usually located at the Maintenance facility are canceled this year. Please use Rumpke curbside service as an alternative. Review curbside guidelines online or call Rumpke with questions.
- Nominatations are now closed for residents who have uplifted the community through a good deed or serving in an essential job function. The Township will deliver a gift to their front porch. www.GenoaTwp.com/GoodDeeds
- Per the Ohio Department of Public Health "Stay at Home" order, township park playgrounds, basketball courts, and park restrooms are closed until April 6. Parks and trails remain open for walking, biking, but individuals are advised to remain a minimum of 6 feet from other park users.
- Only call 9-1-1 for a true emergency. If anyone in the household are experiencing flu-like symptoms, notify the 9-1-1 dispatcher so that they can inform the responding personnel to arrive wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). If it is physically possible, individuals will be asked to walk to the front door or garage to meet the paramedics. in an attempt to limit exposure to the homes of patients who may be positive for COVID-19. Do not walk out to the EMS vehicle or fire engine unless requested to do so by the first responders.
- The Administration and Zoning (Township Hall) building located at 5111 South Old 3C Highway is closed to the public. Legally mandated public meetings will be live-streamed (Zoning Commission, Board of Trustees). Board of Zoning Appeals has canceled all meetings until May 26.
- Zoning permit applications, checks and other forms can be deposited in the red dropbox at the entrance to the building. Staff will process these submissions as usual, but delays may be possible. Read the 'Notice to Zoning Customers'.
- Private rentals of Township Hall and park shelter houses have been canceled through April 15. Impacted individuals will be contacted and will receive a refund.
- Shared tools will no longer be available for community gardeners.
- The Maintenance facility is closed to the public. Submission of payments to this department may be made in the red drop box located at the entrance of Township Hall (5111 South Old 3C Highway).
- Requests to replace smoke alarm battery in resident homes and fingerprinting services will be postponed.
- No visitors, including tour groups or employee family members, will be permitted into the Fire Station. Police have established a protocol for admitting visitors who come to the station to file a report.
- Continued care to disinfect door handles, phones, and other surfaces will take place daily.
- Food donations from the public will be declined.
- The Township Egg Hunt scheduled for March 28 is now canceled in accordance with Ohio Department of Health's order banning mass gatherings.
- The Citizen Fire Academy and the Citizen Police Academy programs have been canceled.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ohio Department of Health, COVID-19 informational website
- The Ohio Department of Health has launched a call center open all week from 9am-8pm to answer questions regarding COVID-19. The call center can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).