Review Genoa Township's public records policy.
Submit requests for public records by calling the Fiscal Office or via the online form.
PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST:
Before submitting a request please read below.
- Police records such as accident reports must be requested using the Police Records Request form.
- Many records pertaining to zoning, minutes, and cemeteries can be found archived in the Township's archived records.
- Public records requests will be made available within a prompt and reasonable period of time (R.C. 149.43(b)(1)). "Prompt" and "Reasonable" will be determined by the volume, location where the records are stored, and the necessity for any legal review. Call the office during business hours with questions regarding this process.
- Public records requests can be sent via email or faxed at no charge, or can be picked up at the Township Administrative office at the cost of 5 cents per page.
- Photographs are available on CD for $1.00 per CD.
- Individuals are NOT required to provide a name or contact information to request a public record in the State of Ohio. Providing contact information enables the Township to contact you if additional information is needed to process the request. If choosing to remain anonymous, please call our office during normal Administrative Office hours to verify that the request is ready for pick up.
- If the requested records or communication from the office has not been received within seven business days, please call during normal office hours to confirm the public records request was received.
NOTE: Records requests could themselves be subject to release upon the proper submission of a request for public records pursuant to O.R.C. Section 149.43, Ohio's Public Records Act.