Repairs may be required to be made if any of the following conditions are observed by the Maintenance Department:
- The difference in elevation between two slabs at a formed or random joint or crack exceeds three-quarters of an inch (3/4")
- Where a portion of the sidewalk is missing;
- If the sidewalk has a crack more than one inch (1") in width;
- Where a block has buckled, within the limits of the block, to a height which exceeds three-quarters of an inch (3/4")
- Where a block has settled, within the limits of the block, to a depth which exceeds three-quarters of an inch (3/4")
- Where a slab has pitted, scalled or deteriorated twenty-five percent (25%) or more of its surface;
- Where a slab has disintegrated or shattered;
- Where a slab rocks or moves under the weight of a pedestrian; or
- Where diagonal, transverse and longitudinal cracks interconnect forming a series of polygons resembling an alligator skin.
- If the sidewalk has more than two (2) cracks of one-quarter inch (1/4") in width or more in any two (2) linear feet of sidewalk sections.
Review the full Sidewalk Maintenance Policy for detailed program information.