Genoa Township owns and maintains four cemeteries that hold important historical significance to the community. Plastic flowers are prohibited during from April 1 through November 1 of each year as they interfere with the regular mowing and upkeep of the cemeteries. Flags are placed by the Township on all veteran graves annually on Memorial Day.
For additional information, please contact the Maintenance Department at 614-568-2080.
View the cemetery plot fee schedule.
8340 Lewis Center Road
Westerville, OH 43082
Revolutionary War veteran
Revolutionary War veteran, served under General George Washington at Trenton, New Jersey in 1777 as Private from Connecticut
Notes: A portion of Burnside Cemetery consists of graves that were originally located in Nutt Cemetery, a burial ground formerly located on the eastern side of Sunbury Road, north of County Line Road. These graves were relocated to Burnside in the 1950's to construct Hoover Reservoir.
4306 Sunbury Road
Galena, Ohio 43021
Located at the west end of Yankee Street, approximately 100 feet off of the south side of the road.
War of 1812 veteran, early Township Clerk, and likely cemetery namesake.
Early settler who constructed the historic Curtiss Inn home which still stands on Sunbury Road, early Township Trustee.
Early settler who constructed the historic Keeler home which still stands on Sunbury Road.
Rev. John Williams
Revolutionary War veteran, served as a private in the Continental Line and as a Chaplain under the command of Nathan Perry, one of the first, if not the first settlers of the Township.
Red Bank Cemetery
6006 Red Bank Road
Galena, Ohio 43021
Revolutionary War veteran, seved in the New York Navy, suggested the name Genoa for the Township to honor the hometown of explorer, Christopher Columbus
Revolutionary War veteran, served as a Private under Colonel Zebulon Butler
Revolutionary War veteran, served as a Private in the Bucks County (Pennsylvania) militia under Captains Paul Kester and Henry Dorrock
Tussic Street Cemetery
6760 Tussic Street Road
Westerville, Ohio 43082
Located on the western side of Tussic Street Road across from Park Bend Drive.